Java-applet that helps you test regular expressions flavor of the Sun Java standard API (java.util.regex)
Full highlighting of regular expression syntax for an easy visual clue
(including bracket matching , ;
error detecting ,
Tooltips will be shown when the mouse is over a part of the regex.
Evaluates your regular expression while you are typing;
4 distinct match modes:
- Find a sequence of characters ;
- Match a complete text , ;
- Split text (see java.lang.String.split(String regex)) ;
- Replace ;
- Support for pattern flags (e.g. Pattern.CASE_INSENSITIVE, Pattern.DOTALL, ...);
- Generation of java source string literals based on the regexp, (escape slash, e.g. "\(x\)" becomes "\\(x\\)")
Synchronized selection of regular expression and text:
Just select part of the regexp to see which part of the text is matched by this part.
You may submit bug reports or requests to email@example.com