IntelliJ Idea plugin for testing/editing regular expressions flavor of the Sun Java standard API (java.util.regex).
Download the plugin
Last version: Download
Full highlighting of regular expression syntax for an easy visual clue
(including bracket matching , ;
error detecting ,
Tooltips will be shown when the mouse is over a part of the regex.
Evaluates your regular expression while you are typing;
4 distinct match modes:
- Find a sequence of characters ;
- Match a complete text , ;
- Split text (see java.lang.String.split(String regex)) ;
- Replace ;
- Support for pattern flags (e.g. Pattern.CASE_INSENSITIVE, Pattern.DOTALL, ...);
- Generation of java source string literals based on the regexp, (escape slash, e.g. "\(x\)" becomes "\\(x\\)")
Synchronized selection of regular expression and text:
Just select part of the regexp to see which part of the text is matched by this part.
Functionality of this plugin is available as java-applet
Demo of Regular Expression Hilighting
Move mouse to regex to see example of tooltips and brackets matching
This programm is free and is distributed under the GPL. All funds for developement come from advertisement on this page.
You may submit bug reports or requests to email@example.com